Sunday, October 5, 2008

My first post!

So... I have decided to start a blog, because I figure now that I have a digital camera I can put something up besides just words. Mom and dad, this is mostly for you. Life has been pretty good lately; I've got some serious emotional senioritis, but I've actually kept up with all my readings, papers, and exams. At least this senioritis has not affected my school work. Some recent good news:
1. I handed in my student teaching application (the beast is finished)
2. General conference was this weekend, and I got to visit my brother's family.
3. I am over my awful cold.
4. Mom is coming to visit for Thanksgiving.

Today I was able to go visit Colin and Jen and their boys, something I haven't been able to do in a while. I have new respect for Jen , who has to try and get Ryan to look at the camera; it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be! I just hung out for a little while, and drove home. These are some pictures from today, and also some random ones of stuff I've done recently.

These are my awesome nephews, Evan (six-ish months), and Ryan (three). They're awesome.


Colin and Jen, with Colin doing his standard photo pose.


We had BYU spirit week at work one week, and everyone dressed up one day, and we had games all week. Priscilla and Holly stole my camera to take this. The lower one is what my work looks like.















This is me and Amanda... working...




This is one of the games we did this week: BYU Donut eating contest. It was quite entertaining to watch.



Each team at work made banners to show their spirit for the cougars; this is my favorite one. If you notice, on the bottom there is a small picture of a football field and a player kneeling, with a speech bubble that says: "Give us this day our daily touchdown." It seems to be working lately, huh?












These are my roommates: Ellen, me, Kristin, and Crystal. It was Crystal's birthday a while ago, so we took her to Outback Steakhouse, which was a lot of fun.








I got to go visit dad a little while ago, and here are pictures to chronicle the event.





















Me and dad in the hotel, and eating ice cream at the airport. The visit was a lot of fun, and I was so excited to see him!







I think this is all for now... we'll see how good I am at keeping up with this thing!

P.S. This formatting thing is tricky! I spent forever on this, and still haven't figured it out!

1 comment:

CollyWolly said...

looks good katie
you did a long post!
nice job