Friday, June 26, 2009

Hello Again

Hi everybody; I've been somewhat spacey and haven't updated for more than two months. Let's see if anyone still reads this!! I got to go home in April and visit, and Erin and I went up to New York for three days. It was fabulous; we went everywhere until our feet were going to fall off, and we got to go see Wicked!!!!! It was absolutely amazing. Here's some pics!


On the ride up to NYC


We went to toy stores and had perhaps too much fun for what is appropriate and expected in people of our ages....


We found the library by accident. Happy accident




This is the view from the Empire State Building; we went up at night, and it was so cool to see all the city lights.
A very windy crossing on the Staten Island Ferry
In front of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. So much fun


Baby got back.
We also had a lot of fun imitating art....






In another toy store....
In central park
M&M world. Enough said right there.

May was a good month, if a little slow. I finally got to go back to work at the group home, which, surprisingly, I had missed!. It was also my birthday, and some friends and I went to the Cheesecake Factory (which if you know me at all, you know is my favorite restaurant).



My friend Sarah evidently can't be serious in a picture...

June has passed with little note, except no! I have finished my last class as an undergraduate at BYU!!!!! Last paper handed in, last exam taken, finished!! Finito, stopped, done!!! It was kind of a cool feeling.
Also, I have decided to go and teach for a year in China; this is not news to my family, but I thought I would put it up here, all official like ~wink~. I'll be leaving at around the end of August or beginning of September. I'm excited but nervous too; it's a big step, but one that I want to take. I figure if I get over there and hate it, I have enough money to come back. No biggie. However, the goal is to NOT hate it. So that's my life in the two months since I've posted. I can't really think of anything else!

1 comment:

dani said...

katie, i'm so excited for you! keep me posted on everything! also, i love the stunna shades ;)