Monday, June 20, 2011

The End of a Year

It's been 3 months since my last post, and no, I'm not dead. Besides, I call my family all the time, so of course I'm not dead. I'm just a terrible blogger. I probably shouldn't even have one. And yet I continue...
This week is the last week of school, and it is EXAM week. I can still hear the groans of my students all the way to my apartment. It's been a great year, and I've really enjoyed my students and co-workers. I'm really happy I moved to Clifford School, even with all its foibles and things that annoy me.
Today is June 20th. I fly back to America on June 29th. Do you know what that means? It means that there are only nine, count them, NINE, days left until I am back with English speaking, rule abiding, non-staring, non-spitting people! I love China. I really do. Most days. It just is wearing after a while.
Lately, I've been thinking about sewing. I really want to learn how to sew. I've wanted to learn for a while, but I was in college, poor, and sharing apartments with people. Now, I'm not in college, not poor, and live by myself. I also have lots of free time in the evenings. So I've decided that this summer I'm going to buy a sewing machine and try to figure out this new hobby called sewing. So that's the plan for this summer.

No comments: